1. Recognize the differences between the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.
2. Appreciate the differences in length of the various axons found in the 2 systems.
3. Understand what neurotransmitters are involved in autonomic neurotransmission.
4. Appreciate the exceptions to the “general rules” of parasympathetic and sympathetic anatomy.
5. Be able to draw the route the various autonomic nerves use to reach their targets.
6. Be able to link the various parasympathetic ganglia with their cranial nerve counterparts.